November 1, 2017
Sareen Stone supplies integrated skimmer lid kits to complement your pool tiles and pool coping, allowing you to achieve a seamless and flush pool surround, minus that unsightly plastic skimmer lid.
Sareen Stone’s integrated skimmer lids are available for a large selection of the outdoor natural stone range including travertine, limestone and granite. The kit includes a stainless steel tray, paving matched stone insert and a stainless steel key.
Your selected stone will be infilled within a 2mm thick 316 marine grade stainless steel tray. The tray is designed to help prevent chips, cracks and possible breakage.
The skimmer lid is locked in place and can only be accessed with the key. The lid is not able to be removed without the key, making the skimmer box child safe.
The lid sits level in the recess to line up with the pool coping or surrounds. This can be achieved by using a cement or grout packer in each corner and bedding the lid in to the required height.
Skimmer Lid Installation Instructions and Diagrams
New install or refurbish
- Allow for a square recess in the finished paving over the centre of the skimmer box. The square recess size in paving needs to be between 338mm to 340mm and the depth to be greater than the tray selected.
- The tray may need to be raised in the recess to allow the top surface of the lid to sit level with the pool coping or surrounds. This can be achieved by placing a morar or grout packer in each corner and bedding the lid in to the required height.
Replacement of existing
- Cut a square in existing paving evenly around the skimmer box, remove to leave a flat surface at the required depth of the selected lid.
- Allow the square recess in paving to be between 338mm to 340mm and at least 25mm deep.
- The lid will need to sit level in the recess to line up wiht the pool coping or surrounds. this can be achieved by using a cement or grout packer in each corner and bedding the lid in to the reuqired height.
If you are planning to build a pool and would like your builder or designer to include an integrated skimmer lid you can contact our experienced staff on 02 9666 9222 or email email@example.com who can answer any of your questions about skimmer lids, pool coping or pool surrounds. You can find out more about Sareen Stone’s pool range here.
comments powered by Disqus