July 24, 2018
Stone & Living Landscapes has recently renewed and revived two Sydney backyards – one in Erskineville and one in Botany – and in the process has added value, improved safety and achieved a touch of contemporary style to both.
We talk to Brenton from Stone & Living Landscapes about these and other projects they’ve recently been working on.
1. Brenton, Stone & Living Landscapes offers a range of services for your clients such as landscaping, stone masonry, gardening and maintenance. What is the most satisfying part of your work?
The most satisfying part of my work is seeing our clients’ reaction at the end of the job. My work is all residential so it’s always a thrill knowing our clients are satisfied with their new garden or backyard.
2. It must be tight getting access to some of those inner-city gardens. What are some of the challenges you face on a job?
Yes, it is definitely in these instances the biggest challenge is getting materials to the rear of the property when there is absolutely no side access. When this happens we have to meticulously protect the floors inside the house while we transport the materials through the house.
3. You’ve recently had a number of jobs where you did a complete makeover of the outdoor area. It must be rewarding for you and your client to see the before and after photos?
This is the most satisfying part of my job. I love doing makeovers, full landscapes incorporating both hardscaping elements and softscapes ie. plants and turf. Revitalising someone’s outdoor area can make a real difference to the way they live. Plus it can also increase the value of their property. It’s a win-win.
4. What are some of your favourite materials to work with?
One of my favourites is French Pattern Travertine, but really any stone product is great to work with. I recommend using natural stone to all my clients as opposed to other materials, i.e. clay, concrete. The main reasons why I prefer natural stone are that it simply looks better and it has is timeless - it just doesn’t date like concrete and clay products.
5. You also do stone masonry, what sorts of projects are popular with stone cladding at the moment?
Cladding is really popular for feature walls, columns or piers and fireplaces. Granite and sandstone are two products that I find are popular for cladding.
To see more projects by Stone & Living Landscapes visit www.stoneandlivinglandscapes.com.au, contact Brenton on 0439 298 899 or email [email protected]
If you would like to order samples of any of Sareen Stone’s range, contact our knowledgeable Staff on 02 9666 9222 or email [email protected]
comments powered by Disqus