December 4, 2018
DMK Building Services in Sydney’s north, has given this bathroom renovation plenty of wow factor by combining beautiful Manhattan Limestone honed floor tiles with grey porcelain and a feature wall of white handmade subways for the walls. The result is a luxurious space to relax and unwind.
We asked Damien from DMK Building Services about the renovation project.
1. Damien, what factors need to be considered when renovating and laying natural stone floor tiles such as these Manhattan Limestone tiles?
Being a natural product, no two tiles are the same, so I like to pick out the tiles with the most character and get my tiler to lay them in the most prominent areas of the bathroom for example. You can then place the remaining tiles under the bath, vanity and toilet. As some stone tiles are thicker than porcelain or ceramic tiles, it works better if I let my tiler know before he starts so he can allow for this in his setup. Because stone is a natural product, it needs to be sealed once installed and resealed as required.
2. The silver and white cloud like appearance of the Manhattan Limestone provides an elegant aesthetic and a touch of luxury. Is that the look you were after?
Yes, every bathroom should have a touch of luxury about it, stone provides that in abundance and is also timeless. This Manhattan Limestone also oozes character and depth.
3. You’ve installed a gorgeous feature wall of handmade subway tiles and while they’re possibly a little labour intensive are you happy with the final result?
The handmade subway tile in white provides a very subtle feature wall, which acts as the perfect supporting role to the grey tones. The extra labour is minimal, and we are delighted with final result.
4. Is it easy to include underfloor heating on an existing bathroom floor? Are there any pitfalls to be aware of?
Underfloor heating is a simple part of the process while renovating a bathroom. Whilst you can get DIY kits, I would recommend using a reputable company to install for you, this will give you peace of mind and warranty, as it is an expensive fix once the tiles are down. Tip: Schedule your tiler to lay cement screed the day after the floor heating is installed, this will protect it from getting damaged.
5. What are the main reasons for revamp and renovating an existing bathroom?
Main reason is that people are tired of outdated tiles, leaking taps and their small bath. Your bathroom is your very own sanctuary, where you can relax after a hard day at work and escape reality for a brief while, it's one of those rooms where you can indulge a little without breaking the bank. I urge my clients to get creative and pamper themselves with a bathroom that they deserve.
To contact DMK Building Services phone Damien on mobile 0419 216 007 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org
For your samples of Manhattan Limestone in a honed or alfresco finish phone our knowledgeable Staff on 02 9666 9222 or email email@example.com To view Sareen Stone’s entire range of limestone visit here
comments powered by Disqus