June 22, 2015
It’s worth taking the time to find a pool designer and or builder that is right for you. Follow the useful list below to help you in your search.
1. Research & locate a number of local pool builders & designers before you sign a contract. Meet with each of them to get an idea of their recent work, years of experience and customer service approach.
2. Select at least 3 and request a no obligation quote from each one. That way you can identify which designer/builder will fulfil your brief and budget requirements the best.
3. Establish what they can offer in regards to your ideas and budget. Check what their availability is & expected time frames for the scope of work.
4. Find out if your builder also manages landscaping – if so, consider what they can offer you in completing both the pool installation and the landscaping.
5. Check their credentials and that they are certified. Visit Swimming Pool & Spa Association of Australia (SPASA) http://www.spasa.com.au/ & click on the link to your State Association website to locate SPASA members.
6. Check with the Department of Fair Trading in your state to ensure they are a reputable builder.
7. Ask for a list of previous customers and their phone numbers and call a few of them for a reference. If possible check out a recent job they have completed.
8. Review & understand thoroughly your state building codes & pool laws, as well as who will approve your pool plans, prior to signing the contract.
Pool Smarts – Part 4: Pool Pitfalls & how to avoid them - Click here!
About the writer
With over 17 years experience in the Natural Stone industry, Gary has been a member of the Sareen Stone team for over 6 years.
Gary has a wealth of experience in domestic, commercial and local government Landscaping and specifically swimming pool projects.
Gary can assist you with the selecting of your natural stone that’s 100% suitable for you pool or landscaping project.
Contact Gary today;
P: 02 9666 9222
M: 0433 532 183
E: [email protected]
comments powered by Disqus